Silane are designed to be used together when etching porcelain to provide high porcelain-to-resin bond strengths. When used with a high-quality bonding resin, Porcelain Etch and Silane can produce one of the highest porcelain-to-resin bond strengths compared to other porcelain bonding products.
Silane is a buffered, gelled hydraulic acid designed specifically to etch fractured dental porcelain and etching porcelain veneers, crowns, or inlays. It can also be used for etching porcelain crowns before bonding orthodontic brackets. It is buffered and gelled to minimize any irritation that could occur from the hydrofluoric acid vapor.
- Porcelain Etch is a viscous 9% hydrofluoric acid
- Etch is easy to control and place
- Will not stain composite or resin cement
- Silane is a single-component solution
- Yields highest porcelain-to-resin bond strengths